The Fort Myers Beach Fire Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. MUST COMPLETE APPLICATION AT WWW.FMBFIRE.ORG.
The Fort Myers Beach Fire Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of tasks and provides support to various Divisions, such as EMS, Training, Life Safety and Support, Administrative Services, and Operations.
The Administrative Assistant serves as receptionist to receive the public and answers questions; answers and operates the central telephone system and routes callers or provides information as required; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens, and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate party.
Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Certificate or Licenses:
A combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities, may be considered in qualifying a candidate.
Employee and Family Healthcare: The District is proud to provide 100% Employee Healthcare and Full Family Health, Dental and Vision coverage at an employee co-share of 20% of dependents, valued at an average of $22,780 annually before co-pay. The District also provides a pre-tax plan for the cost of medical and child care related expenses through a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) under the Internal Revenue Service Section 125 Plan.
Retirement: An excellent retirement plan is provided by the District through the Florida Retirement Services (FRS). The employee contributes 3% of wages, and the District contributes 8.47% of gross salary, equaling a total contribution of 11.47%. Additional retirement plans are available in the form of a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan as a deduction from employee pay.
Personal Paid Leave (PPL): PPL, Holiday Pay, and other benefits can be found in the Non-Exempt Work Periods and Benefits document.
Education, Development and Training: Education, Development, and Training is highly encouraged by the District and funded for the employee through a rewarding Education Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,387.00 - $52,912.00 per year
This Job Is: